Steering Group of the Committee for Geodesy (DGK) of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities (BAdW)
The "Steering Group of the Committee for Geodesy (DGK) of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities " was installed in 2016 in accord with the restructuration of the "German Geodetic Commission (DGK) the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities" and its consequent re-naming as the "Committee for Geodesy (DGK) of the Bavarian Academy of Sciences and Humanities" as a follow-up institution to the "Scientific Committee of the Commission (DGK)". The latter emerged from the "Scientific Advisory Board of the Commission (DGK)" following the amendment of the DGK statutes in 2009. The structure and activities of the DGK are described in its rules of order:
Steering Group of the DGK
The Committee for Geodesy (DGK) appoints the "Steering Group” of the DGK from its Full Members. This Group is composed of the President and the Permanent Secretary of the DGK, as well as of the Speakers of the DGK Departments. Further members may be elected to it upon recommendation by the Committee for Geodesy (DGK). The term of office is five years, re-election is possible. The Steering Group nominates one of its members as its speaker. The term of office for the speaker is five years, re-election is possible.
The tasks of the Steering Group include particularly:
a) the coordination of the activities of the DGK Departments,
b) the support of the DGK in the planning of research projects,c) the initiation of new research projects involving multiple DGK Departments,
d) on-demand scientific evaluation and appraisal of university and non-universityprojects, as well as
e) the coordination of geodetic research activities within the Federal Republic of Germany in consultation with the involved organizations.
The DGK Steering Group meets by invitation of its speaker at least once a year for a joint session. The results of the consultations and recommendations are reported to the DGK.
Composition of the DGK Steering Group:
Head: Prof. Dr.-Ing. O. Hellwich, Berlin
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. L. Bernard, Dresden (Sprecher Abteilung Geoinformatik)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. A. Eichhorn, Darmstadt (Sprecher Abteilung Lehre)
- Prof. Dr. U. Hugentobler, München (Mitglied ex officio, Ständiger Sekretär DGK)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. T. Kötter, Bonn (Mitglied ex officio, Vorsitzender DGK)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. H. Kuhlmann, Bonn (Sprecher Abteilung Ingenieurgeodäsie)
- Prof. Dr. sc.techn. H.-G. Maas, Dresden
- Prof. Dr. J. Linke, Darmstadt (Sprecher Abteilung Land- und Immobilienmanagement)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. L. Meng, München
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. J. Müller, Hannover (Sprecher Abteilung Erdmessung)
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. U. Stilla, München
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. W. Voss, Hannover